Come August and we have holidays galore.
This year, August begins with a calendar of happy holidays! Aren’t you excited? As the month kicks off, planning of long weekend getaways can be done right away to make the most of it!
Rakhi Fervour! To start with; the first week of this month, August 5-7 can be a good break for those wanting to go on a short trip. August 7th being Rakshabandhan, pamper your sibling by taking them on a vacation.
Independence Day sujourn! Just a week more at work and then comes again a breather for you all. August 12-15 is yet another long weekend to watchout for! August 14th and 15th are Janamashtami and Independence Day, respectively. Also, one can plan to take their respective optional offs on august 17 as it happens to be the Parsi New Year. This month has more for those looking to have a good time outside the city limits. One can yet again pack their bags and head to a nearby destination as August 25 to 27 happens to be another long weekend with Ganesh Chaturthi falling on August 25.
Bringing you a list of getaway destinations for a respite:
- Bangkok– Those who prefer a break outside the country limits can enjoy shopping, relaxing and historical temple tours in Bangkok. Plan your holiday in a manner where you know what all to see as per your budget.
- Langkawi– A duty-free island! Sounds awesome? Yeah, this scenic island not just offers serenity but also the duty-free status attracts a lot of shopaholics to this tropical island.
- Krabi– A perfect destination for all those who want to just enjoy leisure activities from snorkelling, kayaking, island hopping to scuba diving and jungle trekking.
- Pune– A vibrant city to shop, eat, meditate and have fun, Pune is an amalgamation of historical and modern mix. One can enjoy the festive spirit of Ganesh Chaturthi and lots of festive food if travelled during that particular weekend.
- Rajasthan– Any of the cities in state that lure you, can be travelled during any of these holidays. From Sariska, Alwar, Bharatpur, Pushkar, Ranthambhore to Udaipur and Jaipur, choose a location as per your interest from wildlife, bird watching to historical sight seeing.
- Landsdowne– A quiet and undiscovered hill station from the usual one in Uttarakhand. There are adventure activities like rock climbing, bird watching, nature walk, boating etc to even nightlife. If you are looking out for a secluded and scenic hill station, this is it.
- Leh-Ladakh– If you are looking for a high dose of adventure, then a trip to enchanting Leh-Ladakh can be done during any of the coming long weekends. This is the best time to visit so as to enjoy the beautiful mountainous region.
So, are you holiday ready? Gear up soon!