With an expected 10 billion people on the planet by 2050, the future cities are going to see a rise in the number of its residents.
The population growth is not just going to affect USA and Europe, the number of people living in Middle East, Asia and Africa are going to rise at an alarming rate.
United Nations’ World Urbanization Prospects tells us what will be the rank of the countries in terms of their population by 2030. Let’s have a look at who tops the list.
10. Mexico City, Mexico: 23.9 million people
9. Lagos, Nigeria: 24.2 million people
8. Cairo, Egypt: 24.5 million people
7. Karachi, Pakistan: 24.8 million people
6. Dhaka, Bangladesh: 27.4 million people
5. Beijing, China: 27.7 million people
4. Mumbai, India: 27.8 million people
3. Shanghai, China: 30.8 million people
2. Delhi, India: 36.1 million people
1. Tokyo, Japan: 37.2 million people